
As we near the time of our departure, we are enjoying spending time (and eating with) some of our favorite Sheung Shui Ward friends. Someone asked the other day how we were enjoying the "banquet circuit." That is pretty much what it is. So many are asking that we come to dinner as a last time "good-bye."
We enjoyed a roasted goat (yes, I mean goat) hot pot dinner (upper left ) with ward members last Saturday and another meal at the Law's (upper right) on Tuesday last week. Sunday night we had the singles (though some are no longer single) at our place to which many brought food including sushi (lower left) brought by Bro. Chow. There are other dinners scheduled this week.
The tears are getting pretty close to the surface now. I don't know how we will make it through these last two weeks without them flowing freely. We do love these people!


Bro. and Sis. Bishop,
ReplyDeleteI have enjoyed following your blog for the past 15 months. I was a SFE missionary under Pres. Garner in 1967 and was reassigned during the HK riots to the Alaskan Canadian Mission with 9 other companions. 2 years ago I visited HK with my son and saw Pres. Goo and Pres. Van Dam. Both were missionaries when I was there in '67. End of this past May my wife and I visited HK but sadly the temple was closed for their annual maintenance. We have our papers in SL and are waiting for our call. Pres. Goo was lobbying heavily for us to come to HK, but we will see how it all turns out.
Good luck to you both, and thanks again for your blog.
Will Kolditz
Cathlamet, WA.